Branch Manager - 318 - Alberni
CLOSING DATE: March 17, 2019
Submit resume and cover letter with salary expectations together as one document to complete your application.
Thinking of relocating to beautiful Vancouver Island? An opportunity has arisen for an experienced and enthusiastic Branch Manager to manage our busy Alberni-Clayoquot Branch in Port Alberni. This position reports to the Regional Manager and is accountable for the management and coordination of branch staff, volunteers and activities. As Branch Manager you will promote the BC SPCA’s mission and implement provincial initiatives within the branch and surrounding community, lead local fund raising efforts and promote the branch through various community events, literature and media.
• Must have a genuine compassion for animals and sound knowledge of the Five Freedoms and related animal welfare standards
• Self-directed and confident with the ability to think critically, problem solve and resolve conflict manage
• Motivate and mentor staff, set standards and appraise performance
• Demonstrated ability to organize work, meet priorities and to work within a demanding work schedules with minimal supervision
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work with internal and external stakeholders at all levels in a positive manner
• Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
• Ability to regularly travel throughout the assigned region and Province as necessary
• Must have a valid BC Class 5 Drivers License
• Previous experience working within an animal shelter, fundraising, volunteer management and media experience considered an asset
• Computer skills – Windows, MS Office incl. PowerPoint, Excel and Skype
If being an ambassador for the BC SPCA excites and motivates you, and you have the skills we are looking for and are legally entitled to work in Canada, we would love to hear from you.
We thank you for your interest in the BC SPCA, however; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 4936 Broughton St, Port Alberni, BC V9Y 8R5, Canada