Community Manager, MB
Legalization has opened up the recreational cannabis market in Canada, and the global demand for medical cannabis continues to expand. In this exciting new environment, Canopy Growth’s mission is to be the No. 1 cannabis company in the world. We’re looking for incredible people to join us on the journey.
With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy Growth”) is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries — including its flagship, Tweed, and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Cannabis brand — are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of its success, and takes pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth.
We are a portfolio of premium, purpose-led cannabis brands, rooted in authenticity and design. Whether Tokyo Smoke, Van der Pop, Maitri or DOJA, our brands are known for connecting with our customers, building genuine communities, and doing so in creative, groundbreaking ways.
What further sets us apart is our unrivaled team. We’re comprised of the best of a diverse array of talents, hailing from different industries, united under the common goal of re-inventing what is possible in cannabis and branding. The ambition of our team, their passion, and the pride they take in the work that they do, is what makes us pioneers and leaders. We cultivate an environment where people are excited to come in and do their best work, free to be on the cutting edge and push boundaries.
It's not often you have the opportunity to lead change in the world alongside the best. Interested?
The Community Manager, will be responsible for the ideation, planning and execution of community-based experiences, as well as driving forward the brand’s equity and awareness. The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of the Canadian cannabis landscape, with strong ties to like-minded, non-cannabis brands. Candidates must understand and have experience creating scalable community programming.
- Work with Retail Marketing, XM teams and retail partners (store managers, district managers) to host community-building event activations in their local market
- Collaborate with retail store managers and in-house community ambassadors to produce engaging in-store experiences based on Tokyo Smoke brand pillars
- Partner with and support XM HQ team on city-wide and national experiential activations
- Own the in-market event calendar and budget, develop relationships with like-minded brands and suppliers to further integrate Tokyo Smoke into the local market through co-branded events
- Track, measure and report success of community activations, react and realign local strategy when needed
- Drive awareness of local events, acquire new customers and retain existing customers through proactive engagement
- Strategically partner with the District Manager to ensure that the community initiatives align with business objectives for their region
- Act as a brand ambassador, spark word of mouth conversations about the brand
- Provide training and feedback to store retail staff when needed
- Has an expert understanding of the Tokyo Smoke Brands
- Other duties as assigned
- 2-3 years of experience with a background in hospitality, event-based marketing or retail
- University degree with a focus on marketing, public relations or business
- Well-connected in their local market, strong networking skills
- Understanding of digital marketing and working knowledge of social media tools
- Positive and engaging attitude, resourceful nature and excellent problem solving capabilities
- Exceptional customer service, written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive with new ideas and creative solutions
This is a full-time position based out of Winnipeg, Manitoba.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note: the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.
- Winnipeg, MB, Canada