The Glen Dimplex Americas organization operates in North,
Central and South America. Focused on
enhancing the moments that matter in life with a commitment to delivering the best design and efficiency in the areas of temperature control and comfort
creation. The organization’s portfolio
of leading brands are strategically positioned to meet the market challenges of
tomorrow by enhancing the moments that matter in life and in the environment.
The Dimplex brand focuses on innovation, inspired design and
energy efficiency while the Cadet brand invites warmth and dependability at a
value appreciated by its customers. Together these brands provide complete product offerings in the
residential and commercial comfort categories, ranging from electric heaters, to
fireplaces and controls. Dimplex also
delivers on inspired design in the category of home furnishings with a complete
line of mantels and media consoles.
Glen Dimplex Americas is a division of the Glen Dimplex Group - the world's largest manufacturer of electrical heating, which holds significant global market positions in domestic appliances, heating, cooling, ventilation, and renewable energy solutions. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland the Glen Dimplex Group privately owns over 40 brands with operations in 80 countries.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for new Shippers to join our team in Vancouver, WA. The Shipper is responsible for the well-organized and efficient preparation and handling of incoming and outgoing materials. This is a fast paced warehouse environment and attention to detail, product knowledge and accuracy are essential in order to be successful. These responsibilities are carried out in a team environment under the supervision of the Group Leader and the Logistics Manager.
- Determine shipping method for materials, using knowledge of shipping procedures
- Picking, packing, palletizing, and staging orders
- Demonstrate proficiency in processing small parcel and LTL truck shipments using RF and system technologies, i.e. RF gun operation, ERP and shipping software operation
- Operation and troubleshooting UPS World Ship/Fed Ex software required
- Routes material through department
- Pallet jack and electric pallet jack operation
- Pull orders accurately, and scan them into Cadet’s RF Plus system
- Prepare shipping documents to include BOLs, PRO stickers, pack slips, Hazmat tags/paperwork, return labels, checklists, and additional customer required documents for each small parcel/LTL order
- Operation of auto-stretch wrapper machine
- Band and wrap product according to procedures
- Examine contents and compare with records, such as order and manifest
- Use FIFO practices for all tasks assigned
- Knowledge of Windows XP/7 required
- Be willing and able to cross train as needed
- Keeping work area and warehouse clean and organized
- Occasional outside lawn/parking lot maintenance, i.e. mowing, weeding, edging, garbage detail, etc.
- Parts inspection, restock inventory, restock work supplies, and assist other departments as needed
- Must be a self-starter with or without supervision and demonstrate policy adherence
- Has demonstrated working in a team environment with documented success
- One year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, BOL, and procedure manuals
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers and common fractions and decimals
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one year related experience in a shipping department
- DOT Hazardous Materials’ Regulations (Preferable but not required)
- Forklift Operation Certification (Preferable but not required)
- Physical Requirements:
- Regularly required to stand 10 hours a day, walk continuously, reaching with hands and arms from floor to overhead, need to communicate both written and verbally any issues with product or shipping documents
- The employee must frequently lift and carry up to 50 pounds. Occasionally lift up to 70 pounds with assistance, or use of mechanical devices
- Maneuver 2,000 pounds or more with use of a mechanical device, such as a pallet jack or forklift
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance, color, and peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus
- Must be able to work 4 days a week, 10-hour shifts, and be flexible for overtime as needed
How to Apply
Glen Dimplex Americas offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, and we are continually striving to attract and retain the best talent available, building ongoing success for both our organization and our employees!
Our team members include people like you: enthusiastic, innovative, motivated and creative. If you are interested in joining our team or learning more about this opportunity, please apply now.
Glen Dimplex Americas is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Glen Dimpex Americas, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Vancouver, WA, USA