The Glen Dimplex Americas organization operates in North,
Central and South America. Focused on
enhancing the moments that matter in life with a commitment to delivering the best design and efficiency in the areas of temperature control and comfort
creation. The organization’s portfolio
of leading brands are strategically positioned to meet the market challenges of
tomorrow by enhancing the moments that matter in life and in the environment.
The Dimplex brand focuses on innovation, inspired design and
energy efficiency while the Cadet brand invites warmth and dependability at a
value appreciated by its customers. Together these brands provide complete product offerings in the
residential and commercial comfort categories, ranging from electric heaters, to
fireplaces and controls. Dimplex also
delivers on inspired design in the category of home furnishings with a complete
line of mantels and media consoles.
Glen Dimplex Americas is a division of the Glen Dimplex Group - the world's largest manufacturer of electrical heating, which holds significant global market positions in domestic appliances, heating, cooling, ventilation, and renewable energy solutions. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland the Glen Dimplex Group privately owns over 40 brands with operations in 80 countries.
As an engineer focused on design and value, this role is responsible for designing electric heat products to be manufactured at the lowest cost.Along with supporting new products, this role is also responsible for providing engineering support to take costs out of existing products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Focus on Design for Manufacturability and Assembly that includes creating and/or modifying models in Solid works, creating/releasing DXF and step files for production, updating control documents and performing first article evaluations.
- Complete product changes as a result of business direction.
- Verify/Provide complete and accurate control documents and supporting files for manufacturing.
- Develop designs that ensure the lowest cost while meeting agency requirements.
- Maintain engineering functions within MRP system.
- Utilize Lean Manufacturing tools and methodology to reduce waste, streamline processes, and improve manufacturing processes; Ensures “build in quality” throughout all processes.
- Work collaboratively with engineering, manufacturing and customer service.
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Demonstrated skills in project management and analytical problem solving
- Business acumen
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Thorough understanding of statistical analysis and the value of data in making informed business decisions
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on complex or under-defined problems
- Bachelor's (B.S.) of mechanical manufacturing.
- 3+ years of progressive experience as a Design Engineer.
- Drafting experience with Solid Works and using vault storage system.
- Knowledge and experience in the design of electrical heat products, agency requirements, manufacturing of sheet metal parts, and lean manufacturing methodology preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Excel/Word/PowerPoint/Outlook.
Glen Dimplex Americas is committed to continuous process improvement at all levels of the organization while creating an employee-empowered culture. This position is expected to lead in the continuous improvement of our processes and products.
How to Apply
Glen Dimplex Americas offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, and we are continually striving to attract and retain the best talent available, building ongoing success for both our organization and our employees!
Our team members include people like you: enthusiastic, innovative, motivated and creative. If you are interested in joining our team or learning more about this opportunity, please apply now.
Glen Dimplex Americas is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Glen Dimpex Americas, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
- Vancouver, WA, USA