Senior Software Developer
Equitable Bank is Canada's ninth largest independent Schedule I bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. It offers a diverse suite of residential lending, commercial lending and savings solutions, including high-interest savings products and GICs. Through its proven branchless approach and customer service focus, Equitable Bank has grown to approximately $25 billion in assets under management. Most recently, Equitable Bank launched a digital banking operation, EQ Bank, and introduced the EQ Bank Savings Plus Account. Equitable Bank currently employs over 600 employees across the country.
Within Equitable Bank's Core Lending business, Single Family Lending Services funds mortgages for owner-occupied and investment properties across Canada, while Commercial Lending Services provides mortgages on a variety of commercial properties on a national basis.Equitable's Securitization Financing business originates and securitizes insured residential mortgages under the Canada Mortgage and Housing ("CMHC") administered National Housing Act.Equitable Bank also offers a range of deposit products including short-term, long-term and Cashable GICs, available in non-registered or Tax Free Savings Account ("TFSA") across Canada. And it offers a High Interest Savings Account, available from authorized investment advisors through the FundServ network.
Equitable Bank is a growing Canadian financial services business and a wholly owned subsidiary of Equitable Group. It was founded in 1970 as The Equitable Trust Company.
Job Title: Senior Software Developer
Department: Technology Delivery
Reports To: Manager, Development
Purpose of Job
The Software Developer will be a part of Equitable Bank’s strategic, digital initiatives. Primary responsibilities include designing, developing and supporting RESTful/SOAP APIs and ETLs solutions for the EQB’s industry leading digital banking platform.
- Software Design (30%)
- Participate in design meetings to facilitate mass-data integrations between secure financial systems, using Spring to develop SOA MicroServices architectures
- Create design artifacts and provide your feedback to business stakeholders, producing architecture documents, technical specs, and feature documentation
- Software Development – Java Spring (60%)
- Develop and support Spring Framework MicroServices applications with API interoperability, from front-end to back-end, either local or on cloud
Lead and execute development tasks through all SDLC phases:
Plan and design, estimate effort, implement, document, test, and later maintain code
- Suggest and implement correct design patterns and code best practices
- Participate in group and peer code review sessions, providing your feedback
- Conduct unit testing, use automated testing where relevant, and triage defects with QA in order to recommend and provide fixes
- Work in an Agile development environment including daily SCRUMs and sprint planning meetings
- Application Support (10%)
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve production incidents
- A motivated self-learner who is able to carry a concept from early planning to full implementation
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 5+ years of experience in design and development of enterprise applications using J2EE frameworks (application servers, MVC, MicroServices, Hibernate, authentication, and large scale)
- 3+ years of hands-on experience building SAAS using Java Spring (Integration, Batch, Security, etc)
- Experience with design patterns and best practices of code writing
- Experience with SQL, large scale databases, and database performance concepts
- Experience with bug tracking and collaboration software, as Jira, Confluence, or similar
- Experience with unit testing frameworks, as Junit, MUnit, TestNG, or similar
- Experience with source control software, as Git, CVS, SVN, or similar
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Nice to have:
- Experience working in the financial industry and knowledge of banking products
- Experience working with data-intensive ETL applications based on either SSIS or Mule ESB
- Experience in API management tools, as MuleSoft API Manager, Apigee Edge, or RAML
- Experience with messaging services, such as Kafka, Spring Cloud Stream, RabbitMQ, JMS, or similar
Equitable Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.
- Pay Type Salary
- Equitable Bank, Toronto, Ontario, Canada