Senior Casualty Claims Representative
People come first at Heartland. As a result, our focus is on relationships. It’s all about delivering genuine customer experience. We have a team of solution–oriented problem solvers providing expertise on our home, farm, commercial and auto products.
• Manage a caseload of moderate to severe complexity litigation claims.
• Complete investigation and determination of coverage, liability and quantum and updating when appropriate.
• Co-ordinate necessary field investigation through retention of field adjusters, reconstruction engineers, investigators etc. under the guidance of the Team Leader.
• Document all contacts, investigation and service arrangements in the company systems.
• Maintain a file diary system.
• Update reserves, complete large loss reports as required, complete re-insurance reports and manage payments in accordance with company guidelines.
• Co-ordinate the retainer of defence counsel where necessary under the guidance of the Team Leader.
• Co-ordinate with defence counsel to ensure files in the litigation track are moving forward and the required defence actions are undertaken.
• Engage in settlement negotiations directly and/or through attendance at settlement meetings, private mediations and/or pre-trials.
• Successful completion of post-secondary degree or diploma, CIP designation or actively involved in the program.
• Must have a working knowledge of the OAP 1, Insurance Act, Negligence Act, Limitations Act, Highway Traffic Act and other legislation relevant to the defence of auto and non-auto injury claims.
• Must have experience with attendance at private mediations and pre-trials.
• Must have knowledge and understanding of traumatic injury and the evaluation of claims damages.
• Minimum of 5 years experience as a Casualty Claims Adjuster is preferred.
• A company that truly values integrity, respect, professionalism, transparency, forward thinking, community & environment.
• Ongoing skills development with subsidies for tuition and professional accreditation.
• A defined Incentive Plan where commitment to excellence is financially rewarded.
If you have the qualifications we are seeking and would thrive in a work environment where you are valued and respected, please apply on the company website. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank you for your interest in Heartland Farm Mutual, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. (Only qualified candidates please. No agencies.)
A Place Where YOU Can Make a Difference! Proudly Canadian. Mutually Owned.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Waterloo, ON, Canada