Senior Actuarial Analyst
Waterloo, ON, Canada
Wednesday, December 5, 2018
With over 140 years of experience, Heartland Farm Mutual strives to be the preferred agribusiness and rural insurance specialist. We are courageous. Our team is talented and dedicated, challenging the norm and striving to be better every day.
People come first at Heartland. As a result, our focus is on relationships. It’s all about delivering genuine customer experience. We have a team of solution–oriented problem solvers providing expertise on our home, farm, commercial and auto products.
As Heartland continues to grow and evolve, actuarial expertise, advanced predictive modeling and data analysis will be critical competencies for our future success. We are therefore expanding and broadening our Analytics team to include a Senior Actuarial Analyst.
- Perform research and data analysis on all information needs relating to all business segments of the company.
- Perform rate analysis, pricing indications and provides recommendations for product and pricing changes.
- Research and implement more advanced analytics tools and techniques for the company.
- Understand and effectively utilize Heartland’s policy admin and claims systems and their underlying data structures.
- Perform price competitive analysis.
- Works with FSCO to complete the.regulated Auto Filings.
- A key contributor to the Product and Pricing Committee.
- Maintain all pricing algorithms of the company.
- Conduct market research and competitive analysis.
- Creation and maintenance of business intelligence tools and applications.
- University degree (Actuarial Science, Mathematics/Statistics or a related discipline).
- Successful completion of 4 to 6 exams from the Casualty Actuarial Society.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in a actuarial/data analysis role, preferably with P&C insurance exposure or a significant educational background in a related discipline.
- High Proficiency with SAS, SQL, and Excel.
- A working knowledge of Emblem would be an asset.
- A good understanding of P&C pricing and ratemaking concepts.
- Demonstrated strength in oral, written and presentation communication skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
If you have the qualifications we are seeking and would thrive in a work environment where you are valued and respected, please apply on the company website. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank you for your interest in Heartland Farm Mutual, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. (Only qualified candidates please. No agencies.)
A Place Where YOU Can Make a Difference! Proudly Canadian. Mutually Owned.