Finance - Team Leader Finance
People come first at Heartland. As a result, our focus is on relationships. It’s all about delivering genuine customer experience. We have a team of solution–oriented problem solvers providing expertise on our home, farm, commercial and auto products.
• Manage a selection of broker accounts including but not limited to:
o Ensuring payments are received in an efficient and timely manner.
o Communicating directly with brokers and policyholders regarding payment issues.
o Processing returned cheques and declined transactions.
o Issuing refund payments.
o Applying payments received via online banking, credit card and cheque.
o Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Lead Accounts team to ensure day to day operational team duties are processed in a timely manner. • Ensure that all accounts receivables are managed.
• Define and monitor department standards.
• Identify and implement process improvements of accounts.
• Ensure SOP’s exist and processes are consistent across team members.
• Mentor, coach and develop team members and support workplace learning.
• A minimum of 3 years previous accounts receivable experience is required, preferably in the insurance industry. • Successful experience in a customer service environment. • Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills. • Proficient with Microsoft Office, Excel and accounting software. • Ability to work effectively independently and with others. • Maintain professional standards in stressful situations within a fast paced environment and shifting priorities.
If you have the qualifications we are seeking and would thrive in a work environment where you are valued and respected, please apply on the company website. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank you for your interest in Heartland Farm Mutual, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. (Only qualified candidates please. No agencies.)
A Place Where YOU Can Make a Difference! Proudly Canadian. Mutually Owned.
- Pay Type Salary
- Waterloo, ON, Canada