In-Home Support Worker - MFRC
Immigrant Services Calgary is seeking In-Home Support Workers who will be responsible for providing in-home intervention services to immigrant and refugee families referred by Child Welfare. This is a casual (on-call basis) position, with flexible working hours.
Duties will include:
• Provide in-home planned interventions and services in English or Tagalog or African languages aimed at strengthening families;
• Promote the protection and well-being of children in their home;
• Help/educate parents to improve their parenting abilities;
• Support and enhance a stable and nurturing environment in which children can grow and develop;
• Improve family functioning;
• Respond immediately to support the family at the point of crisis;
• Enhance family support networks;
• Submit progress reports in a timely manner;
• Perform Administrative tasks as required.
• Diploma/degree in social work, social sciences or education.
• Experience working with children and families.
• Availability to work evenings and Saturdays.
• Cross cultural sensitivity.
• Access to a reliable vehicle is an asset.
• Fluency in English and/or Tagalog, and/or any African languages.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Immigrant Services Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada