Skjodt – Barrett Foods is a growing leader in the North American food industry, specializing in the supply of custom developed food solutions for the world’s leading retail food, foodservice and healthcare product manufacturers. Our products are enjoyed in peoples’ homes, when they dine out with their families, and when they need the important nutrition provided by the healthcare community. We support many of the brands that consumers reach for every day. We are a fast-paced business with international customers and continual challenge. We need smart, versatile people who can share their skills and energy with our team as we continue our success.
This critical role will report directly to the Manager – Sales & Operations Planning. The focus of the Materials Planner is to support the Supply Chain S&OP team by building a materials plan that executes mid-range forecasted demand into the short-term production schedule. Optimizing the materials plan to meet production demand needs and balancing against inventory targets and capacity considerations. This role will coordinate with our diverse customer and vendor base in North America and cross-functionally with Sales, Operations, Quality, Product Development and Finance.
· Ensure that the short-term materials plan supports the requirements of the production schedule.
· Range of coverage is adequate for the schedule, gaps are identified and alternate plans implemented.
· Conduct internal supply reviews reconciling the S&OP process, and identifying any gaps.
· Ensure the overall process for materials being on-hand and on-time within the approved coverage period and other MRP defined parameters is adhered to.
· Responsible for supporting new product launches and/or transitions to the extent that they are related to short and mid-term material demand schedule.
· Support the production schedule and drive overall work-order conformance.
· Maintain work order attainment and conformance metrics that are supported by weekly/monthly management processes and corresponding KPI’s.
· Oversee all aspects of expediting or de-expediting incoming inventory are managed to ensure monthly Days On Hand targets are met or exceeded. Lead development of strategies to support existing, new, and phase out items to minimize stock-outs and obsolescence.
· Coordinate customer action plans, ramp up/down strategies.
· Key objectives will be achieving/improving/exceeding targeted customer service levels – production attainment, capacity utilization and conformance to Customer work order.
· Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders including Supply Chain to improve forecast accuracy, understand forecast drivers, ensuring we are meeting/exceeding targets.
· There is a strong focus on driving results and continuous development to constantly increase the potential of the person and the team in a very collaborative culture.
· Diploma or degree, preferably in Logistics Management or Supply Chain Management.
· Minimum of 4-6 years of related experience in materials planning or progressive roles within Supply Chain.
· Preference to APICS, cSCMP or CSCP designations or completion of certification is in process.
· Demonstrates strong time management and organizational skills. Ability to prioritize is critical to success in the role.
· Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
· Proficient with ERP Systems (Microsoft DAX, SAP, Oracle) and advanced skills in MS Office (Excel, Word).
Personal information submitted will only be used for the purposes of the competition in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Reasonable accommodations are available during the recruitment process to job applicants with disabilities.
SKJODT-BARRETT FOODS INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Associate Degree
- Skjodt-Barrett Foods Inc, Brampton, Ontario, Canada