We are a leading, vertically integrated provider of essential environmental and industrial services in Canada for industrial, commercial and institutional end markets, including the manufacturing, mining, construction, refining and petrochemical, waste management and remediation, institutional, transportation, pulp and paper, utilities and oil and gas sectors. Headquartered in Burlington, Ontario, we employ over 2,100 people and operate an integrated network of over 70 locations, coast to coast.
We are uniquely suited to address both the simple and complex environmental service needs of a sophisticated customer base through our highly specialized network of facilities, broad portfolio of service capabilities, deep understanding of the waste volumes we manage, and robust health and safety and regulatory compliance programs. Our comprehensive portfolio of services, including onsite and field services and collection, processing, recovery and disposal, allows us to manage the lifecycle of waste streams from point of generation through ultimate resolution, with an orientation towards minimizing disposal and maximizing the recovery or recycling of valuable by-products.
For more information, visit www.TERRAPUREenv.com.
Reporting to the Branch Manager this position is accountable for daily operations at our Port Alberni Service Centre, ensuring that all equipment and systems are being operated to Terrapure standards.
- Ensure that all equipment and systems are operated in full compliance with Terrapure standards
- Offload and load products and waste as required
- Identify, classify, segregate, package and process dangerous goods
- Sample and test product batches
- Provide excellent customer service
- Ensure that required documentation is legible, accurate and completed on a timely basis
- Use technical expertise to assist operations in the optimization of equipment and other activities
- Perform emergency operations activities as needed
- Regularly attend safety meetings, identify any safety concerns to supervisor, report all incidents and assist in investigations
- Maintain safe and clean equipment and work area
- Effectively participate as a team member in the operation of the facility
- Train on unfamiliar processes and equipment, within established guidelines
- Operate forklift and loader on the site
- Perform physical tasks and duties including shoveling, moving, tank cleaning
- Perform other operational duties as assigned
- Shift work required (afternoons and weekend work)
Experience, Qualifications & Education
- High School Diploma
- Class 3 Driver’s License
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience
- Basic chemical knowledge
- Certification in Transportation of Dangerous Goods, Workplace Hazardous Materials Information Systems, First Aid and Hydrogen Sulfide would be an asset
- Industrial water treatment knowledge and/or centrifuge processing for waste oils considered an asset
- Basic mechanical aptitude required. Mechanical experience would be considered an asset
- Able to work under time constraints in an often fast paced environment
- Ability to communicate thoughts and ideas effectively, both written and verbally
- Effective organizational and interpersonal skills are required
- Experience working with Microsoft Office and other computer systems (e.g. SAP, Roughneck, etc.)
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
This is a safety sensitive position. Offers of employment are conditional upon successful completion of required pre-employment medical, physical, drug and alcohol testing.
Terrapure Environmental is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment without discrimination and employ personnel without regard to race, age, gender, or any other protected ground. Our philosophy is to provide fair and equal employment and development opportunities for our employees based on skills and capability.
Terrapure Environmental provides applicants and employees with reasonable accommodation upon request, as may be required.
How to Apply
Please submit your application on-line under careers at http://www.terrapureenv.com
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Port Alberni, BC, Canada